Tuesday, January 11, 2011

twitter

okay so here we are 3 yrs later and ask me if I knew I even had a blog??
Nope! well I knew I guess at one point but then I completely forgot I even created this and now I can actually remember sitting in that library of St.Kevin Catholic School watching the clock in the right hand corner of the screen as I typed during the Lunch hour as I could not eat as I was fasting!
-Now lets get back to the topic at hand ..twitter which is what lead me to my own blog in the first place...I clicked on a tweet that Aisha had about being too Muslim...and low and be hold here I am...funny how I was just thinking that I want to create a blog ..remembering that I had done it before but couldn't remember when...
So twitter...another social networking system created to feed individuals and their narcissistic selves. And no one can deny how narcissistic social networking systems have made us..me included.
Jus think starting with FB we sign on..why? cause we want to know whats going on in others lives...or is it more like to see who wrote on our walls who commented on our photos who posted a photo of us...or simply to say to check our notification if you will.
Fb is all about how many friends you have..but really can I say that all almost 400 ppl on my page are really my friends? I think we need to review the term friend.
Here are 4 similar but different definitions of the world
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter
3. a member of the same nation, party
4.a person who is on good terms with another

now I cant say any of these definitions fits all 400 people of my 'friends' list...in fact I can say maybe a maximum of 25 people fit all these definitions. But then again...who I am or how society views me is dependent on the size of my friends list..?? I say thats just plain redunculous
Now TWITTER...I believe takes the crown in creating a narcissistic society! see its not about sharing my photo albums or sign up for a cause ..but its just a way for your 'followers' to know where you are at all times. Truth be told I dont think individuals need to know where they each are at all times of the day...it has come to the extremes of me having to stop conversing with a friend about her day because she had tweeted her every action that I knew what she had done that weekend.....
We are so dependent on these networking systems that we have forgotten how to communicate face to face...but that takes me in a whole new zone..which unfortunately I do not have time for...as I must play driver...until nxt time
NurseNazz...n yes thats my twitter name :)

No comments: